Recruitment – Stage Sight Committee Member
- Are you looking to affect change in our industry?
- Do you have a genuine desire to increase representation in the offstage theatre workforce?
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to practically affect these changes?
If so, then you may be interested in joining the Stage Sight Committee.
Stage Sight has grown from an idea initiated by founder and lighting designer Prema Mehta to a sector-led initiative that is playing a vital role in diversifying theatre’s offstage workforce in a practical and meaningful way.
Stage Sight is busier than ever and so we are looking for two new Stage Sight committee members to join the team, which is an active, hands on team, which lead Stage Sight’s activity and organisational development.
We ask you to review the roles and responsibilities of committee members below, and if you are interested in joining please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org,
Deadline – 12noon Monday 28th September
The Stage Sight Team
Roles and Responsibilities
• Commitment to Stage Sight’s values and vision
• Working with the committee members and wider volunteers to deliver the ideas that are generated in response to the organisation and individual members’ feedback.
• Capacity to invest 2-3 hours a week developing and / or delivering activities and / or capacity building to support Stage Sight’s vision and ambition. This could include representing Stage Sight at meetings, and/or be involved in a working group with a focus on a particular area of our work/area of specialism or interest etc.
• Attend monthly Committee meetings, allocated sub-group meetings, Stage Sight forums and if appropriate Green Room drop-ins.
• Ability to speak on behalf of Stage Sight at invited events including but not limited to panel discussions, conferences, school’s workshops and careers fairs.
• Advocate for Stage Sight across relevant networks. Broker relationships between Stage Sight, organisations and individuals, in order to increase Stage Sight membership, funding opportunities and partner projects.
• Support the necessary fundraising work to support Stage Sight’s financial development including but not limited to public funding, philanthropy, earned income and individual donors.
• Where relevant mentoring individual Stage Sight members.
Desirable skills and experience
- Offstage theatre experience
- Monitoring, evaluation and data analysis
- Marketing, PR and campaigning
- Fundraising and Development
Due to the specific nature of Stage Sight’s work we are keen to ensure that those who Stage Sight represents are also reflected in the committee membership and would welcome interest from those working off-stage in the theatre / performing arts workforce.
We actively encourage those who are ethnically diverse, disabled and / or from a lower socio economic background to join the committee – to ensure the representation we seek in the sector is reflected and embedded in our own work and governance. Committee meetings has always been held and attended virtually, even pre-Covid to ensure members could gather together.
Current committee members