Open Door is award winning organisation that helps talented young people who do not have the financial support or resources to gain a place at one of the UK’s leading drama schools.
We work with people aged between 17-30 who are serious about pursuing a career in Technical Theatre or Production Arts. Our work breaks down barriers that young people may face, allowing them to compete for a drama school training on a level playing field – that will prepare them for a career in television, film, theatre and beyond.
And it’s all free!
What do they get?
Free interviews at our partner schools:
Guildhall School of Music and Drama, RADA, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Free travel to all interviews
- All UCAS and UCAS Conservatoire fees paid for
- Free theatre tickets throughout the programme for theatres such as Royal Court, Donmar Warehouse, Nottingham Playhouse, National Theatre, Curve Theatre and more!
- A series of creative workshops
- One-to-one acting mentoring to help them with their interviews and portfolios
- Access to our hardship fund to cover any expenses relating to being part of Open Door or your audition process
- Pastoral support and mentoring from the Open Door team
We give talented and eligible young people the support they need so they can go into auditions and interviews feeling prepared, confident and without any worry of financial strain.
Initiative by: Open Door People