- Personal details and referee information removed before applications are handed to the shortlisting panel, to mitigate against unconscious bias.
- Support from staff members linked into social networks that reflect different aspects of diversity in publicising recruitment.
- Option of interview via Skype to save on potential travel costs / time off work.
- Care and attention to wording of job descriptions to encourage applicants from other sectors to apply.
- Bulk order of recruitment postings from Working Mums.
- Recruitment postings with Escape the City, Good People, A New Direction and Disability Arts Online to improve the visibility of the role.
- Careful thought given to the make-up of interview panels, and what signals that may send to candidates meeting us for the first time.
- Reasonable adjustments are asked for in advance, and made. Examples include: sight of the interview questions ahead of time, and a reduction in the number of people on a panel.
Initiative by: Unicorn Theatre